View Single Post
Old 01 May 2019, 18:57   #14
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Yep. Why?

ADFs are easier and faster to handle. Today many use gotek floppy emulator on real machines because of that.
A GoTek floppy emulator or the SD HxC Floppy Emulator which I use, aren't faster but they sure don't go bad as some older floppies have. A large portion of my floppies from the 80's and 90's survived very well..and I was able to convert them to ADFs without problems. Once in a while the Main Boot Floppy imagine for my SD HxC has been corrupted (I keep backups of changes I've made). But it is a lot nicer to switch via buttons or close to automatic when DF0 to DF1 are emulated on my A4000. Than swapping floppies. I'd prefer to use actual ADFs, so I might go GoTek at some point.
I still slide floppy disks into the drive, rather than letting them slam in as I've seen a lot of people do. My drives still function very well, where others have failed.

Sometimes I miss looking AT the floppies and seeing how the names of something were written, or codes written..etc, but..most floppies can be modified for that.

Page generated in 0.05747 seconds with 11 queries