View Single Post
Old 02 April 2018, 12:28   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Question Questions, questions, questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
And the disk?
In HOL, of course! Incidentally, I'm not sure how a crack of this game hasn't managed to surface after all these years.....even on one of those dodgy scene compilation disks!

http://hol.abime.net/6288/miscshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Very nice, how much?
Well, some lucky paesano (not me, sadly enough! ) nabbed it less than 24 hours before I spotted it for the princely sum of US$90 (BIN price) on Ebay (see HERE).

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
Strange that the first ever Amiga game would require more memory than was available as standard.
Yeh, I noticed that too! Curious, is it not?!

Considering that Amiga 1000s only had 256k when they began shipping in the U.S. in late '85, I can only think that the 512k memory requirements of Monkey Business were a legacy of the game being hurriedly ported from the Mac. The game was initially coded for 128k and 512k Macs (and not the Atari ST as some people might assume), which is why the screenshots on the back of the Amiga game box are in B&W.

Other possibilities for the 512k ram requirement listed on the game box was that the publisher was being a bit flashy in the "new" Amiga market at the time (and the game actually does work with just 256k). Alternatively, the coder/publisher may have had 512k on their developer machine and didn't test the game with the A1000's standard 256k. Until we get our grubby little hands on a copy of the damn game, we'll probably never really know.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Yes Carlo, where is the disk dump lol ?
On the SPS FTP server! For all the good a raw dump would do us or the SPS team - the game disk was almost certainly not duplicated professionally, so no official IPF of Monkey Business would be possible.

Last edited by DrBong; 03 April 2018 at 08:01. Reason: Added to post!

Page generated in 0.31423 seconds with 11 queries