View Single Post
Old 10 December 2020, 21:56   #1505
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.zeissler View Post
Any chance to get my PIII/500 with ATI-Rage-Pro-LT working in 16Bit color?
It does work with 256colors (perhaps Vesa) with the original CD, but the ATI kernel does not work for me (newkernel2=> only blackscreen--freeze). Is there something I can do?
I have not used an AGP cards or had any luck with ATI PCI cards so it's near impossible for me to offer any advice.

1) Have you tried kernel 3.1 or kernel 4 as they are the newest kernels available (4 newer than 3.1).

2) Have you applied the appropriate patches? My virtual box Amithlon even has multiple color resolution choices once all the Amithlon patches are applied, all the "builtin:" modes are standard VESA modes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VB-Amithlon-Screenmodes.png
Views:	332
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	69896

If you are booting off the CD you will never get more than 256 colors. You have to install Amithlon and patch it to get additional color resolutions. You can try editing the initi string in the file 'amithlon' or 'small' with the resolution/color depth of a VESA mode your card supports...but it will only be in that color mode until Amithlon is installed and patched.

The CD boot is a stripped, essential only 3.9 OS setup using an embedded disk image (amithlon_hd), you need to apply OS 3.9 patches as well as Amithlon patches on an installed Amithlon system to get more out of it.

Page generated in 0.15197 seconds with 12 queries