View Single Post
Old 05 December 2021, 14:28   #225
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
But I don't understand the relationship of such an adaptor to keyboard controls on an Amiga game; the two are entirely independent and non-mutual in both hardware and software terms.
I know, that was simply wishful thinking from me.

Quote:
The technical reason from the software perspective. I don't need to build the adaptor to understand the hardware side.
Considering how it works with some games and not with others, debugging the open adapter requires both hardware and software skills that I don't possess, but also testing it in situ (unless someone codes a small test program for that purpose).
I think for an Amiga adapter to conquer the heart of MD joypad users, optionally mimicking up for jump is a must have. If there was one, just one feature of the open adapter to retain before entering the market (which is not what you plan to do, unless I am mistaken), that would be it. XP8 supports the CD32 pad natively apparently, but no other game from that list does, which brings me to wonder what purpose would serve supporting two additional buttons in a non WHDLoad context.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 05 December 2021 at 15:31.

Page generated in 0.05965 seconds with 11 queries