View Single Post
Old 15 February 2021, 20:21   #52
cloverskull

Following up, if I'm way off base here let me know and I'll walk these comments back. Just seemed like a low blow (and I do think there could be an adjustment on how best to take criticism, alas...).

Some things I could do better:
- Don't use such abrasive titles; I could have easily conveyed what I intended to convey by titling the thread something like "Frustrations on another platform" or similar
- Don't be quick to make up some inter-platform-mod-sharing-details-about-users story which is obviously silly and borne of frustration on my part
- Continue to acknowledge that being a mod is mostly a thankless job that one does not get paid for

Some things I think you could do better:
- When someone has a frustration with the platform you moderate, don't take it personal (the tapatalk comment was a direct attack against me)
- Instead of fixing an issue and jumping in here on full defensive mode saying "we planned on it anyway" say something less combative and acknowledge that was a longstanding issue which is now fixed
- (less for you but still relevant) in the PMs where I was trying to discuss on AmiBay with a specific mod, the conversation was quite undignified and IMO over the top - and also, if we're going to be draconian about rule enforcement, like removing my comments from threads (which is what happened on AmiBay) in spite of the fact that numerous other comments broke various rules and received a public message of "don't say that or I'll remove it" - this is fairly inconsistent at best and deeply frustrating at worse since it removed me from my spot in line to buy an item specifically listed on a site for buying and selling gear. Acknowledge that mistakes happen and work with people, maybe?

Last edited by cloverskull; 15 February 2021 at 20:29.

Page generated in 0.04923 seconds with 11 queries