View Single Post
Old 27 October 2013, 17:14   #44
DH
Global Moderator

*cough* This was posted on 24th July 2013 by our good friend Jope, post #25, check what is written in RED BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
Please only use this approach as a last effort fix on a keyboard you are prepared to write off anyway.

If you are not careful, you can end up scraping too much and you end up with the same problem you were trying to fix in the first place.

As the first thing to try, you can cut off 1mm at the end of the flexi connector to make the contacts on the motherboard connector touch higher up in the black stripes.

And always ALWAYS unlatch the motherboard connector's sleeve before you plug in or remove the flexi cable. The sleeve slides up around the connector a few millimeters. Pull it up and only after that should you remove the flexi cable.

I decided to man up and do what I feel is right and edited this post into something more constructive + changed the thread title to reflect that this is not something you should try first.
Seems like all of this was unnecessary if someone had just taken the time to read the previous posts. But I guess this is now ended.

Nice last resort solution Akira mate

Page generated in 0.04388 seconds with 11 queries