View Single Post
Old 21 October 2021, 15:24   #273
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10shu View Post
Also guys remember the part where i ve said i ve reworked the title screen. There more that what you have seen so far.
Just to be 100% on this: I already love the GFX for the title screen (and in game!) as is. Looking forward to seeing the rework
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixel View Post
You brought up the same "why not HAM?" thing for DREAD.. HAM kinda sucks (for most things), that's why!

If you were drawing in a detailed low res way like 10shu does (in Photoshop?) but with loads more colours then converted it into HAM.. It'd mess it up. HAM doesn't make most graphics better at all.
Yup, HAM is not nice to use. It's slow, memory hungry and hard to use well. It's almost (but not quite - see Pioneer Plague) useless for games.

As for more colours = better, I'm not so sure this is true. I've seen some extremely cool 16 colour stuff that looked awesome precisely because it didn't use thousands of colours. Sometimes, art gets more unique or more 'alive' when it's purposefully limited in some way. Limiting colours is one of those ways, IMHO.

Page generated in 0.04178 seconds with 11 queries