View Single Post
Old 30 September 2010, 02:10   #1
Ioncannon

Need help with Guru Meditation

I asked this on Amiga.org but the thread kinda died after a certain point. Basically, I added a A2091 card to my A2000, and put a 2.0 Kickstart in. I had two scsi HDDs to use. The first one, whenever I loaded the HDD, displayed corrupted graphics. Best way to describe it is like Missingno glitch from Pokemon (http://www.khurak.net/wp-content/upl.../missingno.jpg). After loading it would crash to guru meditation. This would happen even if I opened a floppy.

Next I loaded up another hdd which didn't cause this effect. However if I loaded HDSetup (as in let it run in the background), then opened the HDTools folder on my WB install disk, it would glitch the graphics and crash.

I pulled both card and rom, and it STILL did this! So I realized it wasn't the card nor the rom, but something with my Amiga. What could be causing this? The Workbench disks are legit copies, and the battery was removed long ago with no corrosion. I haven't noticed this until after the upgrade because games don't seem to have any problems running.

IIRC the error was 8000 000B or a variation such as 8000 0003

So can anyone help with what is causing this, and any fixes? Other then the two upgrades the machine is bone stock.

Last edited by Ioncannon; 02 October 2010 at 15:36.

Page generated in 0.05701 seconds with 11 queries