Thread: Filters...
View Single Post
Old 19 October 2005, 11:41   #1
DamienD
Banned

Filters...

Good morning people,

I have a few questions relating to the use of Filters with WinUAE...

Basically I've notice that most games seeem to be displayed making use of most available space with a resoultion of 640x480. Although for some games this isn't the case (e.g. Dragon's Lair series, Project X, Assasin etc). These require a higher resolution to display everything on screen...

I found that if I use Windows mode (which has a resolution of 720x568) these games seem to fill the screen as best as possible.

Unfortunately my video card doesn't support a resolution of 720x568 (no surprise there really) so what I want to do is use Filters to stretch then centre the screen to what it would be like in Windows mode (except of course you won't see my Desktop underneath)...

I have a few question that I'm hoping a few people can give me their options on:

1. Does anybody know of any games that use more than 720x568 (hopefully not as I'm going to make my default based on this)?

2. If using Filters, does this have any negative effects such as performance (on the test I did I couldn't see any)?

3. I like Scanlines so will probably use either Direct3D or OpenGL, what is the difference and which one would you recommend using?

Last edited by DamienD; 19 October 2005 at 11:54.

Page generated in 0.05585 seconds with 11 queries