View Single Post
Old 01 July 2022, 00:10   #17
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
@dlfr
It (I mean the IPF, or the converted for gotek image) won't work on ANY Amiga, except if that Amiga is fitted with slow / trapdoor ram ram. Also, it's a bit confusing when you keep on talking about "the game", do you imply the IPF, the original on floppy disk ?

My machine is not an A500 +, it's a 1 MB chip Amiga 500 rev. 6, and fortunately I can switch between 1.3 and 3.1 Kickstart so the choice of most compatible kickstart is not an issue for me.

That IPF numbered 1249
or the corresponding HFE
won't load on ANY Amiga
which isn't fitted with 512k slow ram or more
aka it's not compliant to the original (the physical copy, the boxed game that was sold by Ocean) at least in terms of memory requirements, since the latter loads fine with kickstart 1.3 and 512k chip only (Well, I never bought the game but the documentation mentions full compatibility with the Amiga 1000 so...). Just between you and me, it's not the easiest thing to do to draw your attention on a problem which involves preservation. Use kickstart 1.3, use kickstart 1.3 I've read from you numerous times, all right, you win, I will . Also, NewSky has told us / you that the exact same issue can be reproduced when loading IPF in WinUAE with quickstart config.

Sloppy gameplay ? That's because we have lost touch with the controls over the years. I have a fond memory of that game, it was quite fun even though the IA remains the same game after game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
As for machines with 1MB of chip-ram, I'm pretty sure I patched this floppy a while ago.
Ah yes, now I see it, you hacked twice the Quartex version (the second time to add NTSC support).
Quote:
wait for the hand splash screen to appear, then insert the disk and it will work with only 512KB of chip-ram.
You can't do such thing when using a gotek I think.

Page generated in 0.04439 seconds with 11 queries