View Single Post
Old 12 November 2020, 12:25   #21
rothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by touko View Post
It's really a nonsense,the X68k use very fast(65 or 45ns chips) and so very expensive RAM/VRAM, this is why is so powerfull .
It's really a pain to read those sort of comparisons which consist to compare apple vs orange,and thinking that just looking at the machine specs is enough to compare both systems .
The amiga was the best system for his price, and not for all systems in the world,the x68k destroys about all systems of that era and after, if you're stopping to read only the specs .
If commodore wanted a powerfull amiga (and of course a really expansive one) it would have been better to sold amigas with the ranger chipset .
And i'am curious to see what's the base X68k can do,because what i saw is really not glorious for the 2000$ of the base system .

But we're not talking 1987 when it launched, we're talking 1993-4 when it was required & cheaper. I mean obviously making their own hardware would have been nice at the time, but I'm just spitballing on a different, cheaper approach which may have saved them and given them 'next gen' hardware to fight the PSX.

Imagine releasing all the X68K arcade ports at the launch, that would have been mind blowing and so out of nowhere when the X68k was almost unknown in the west.

Page generated in 0.05643 seconds with 11 queries