View Single Post
Old 19 September 2003, 09:52   #16
Mache

@Dizzy

yes, that's what i meant. a simple field with some entries.

Quote:
Originally posted by Walker
IMO that kind of info is not about the game, it's about the box. If you're looking for info about a game, you don't care much if there was a registration card or a beer plate in the box.
that's true. if you are only looking for information about the game itself.

Quote:
You asked why we have box scans in HOL. My point was that we include box scans because they provide lots of info about releases, but we don't include complete manual scans or scans from the side/top/bottom of a box because that would give us too much work and disk space usage. CAPS has to do it, because they deal with preservation. That's why I think that box content information belongs to CAPS and not HOL. Sure, we could add a text field with this information, but we have to put a stop somewhere.
it is ok to put a stop somewhere and this is up to de hol, of course. but it would have been better if someone said that before, so i didn't have to post so much text
and be honest: there is hardly any information on the front cover of a game, perhaps title and publisher (which is redundant beacuse of the fields), so at least the front cover is pure viewing pleasure, not information!

Quote:
I don't get your point here. Providing box scans and providing info about box content are two completely different things. HOL wants box scans, period. CAPS needs box scans AND box content to verify that their releases are complete.
see above, it's your decision. but the next time when i come up with an idea, just tell me that you don't want it, and don't try to find arguements against it.

and don't add it into hol in half a year or so and praise it as a new and cool invention because i still think that it is something new, because there is no resource on the internet which has this kind of information. what a pity!

perhaps i should build another site?

Page generated in 0.04481 seconds with 11 queries