Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 24 January 2023, 12:12   #2736
ImmortalA1000

Thank you earok and Mixel. And of course thank you for making this awesome tool earok!

I was a little worried about minimum PC specs when I found out it was written with Unity, I have an AMD A10-9700 APU 8gb PC so hopefully that will be OK.

I have been using Paintshop Pro 8 for well over a decade so I got that covered, also HAMconvert lets me do copperlist tests, which I usually split to 16+16 colours with 'sprites' in 16 colours and backgrounds in 16+copperlist for side scrollers like Robocop 2 arcade. Just want to take things a stage further than proving the Amiga 1000 could technically display nice renditions of certain arcade games.

I have spent about a month looking for a source project to convert, my first idea was a single level silent demo of Castle of Illusion but not all the graphic assets have been ripped. There are some great website with entire arcade, and other system, game background ripped (but not always as separate foreground/background parallax planes). What I do know is it has to be a game I love playing, I think that will help with motivation for me.

My hard drive is full of all sorts of graphic assets from arcade or 16 bit console games thanks to VGmaps and spriters-resource websites.

I am also not sure in general about certain technical considerations, like the performance impact of having a repeating background of 4x 15 colour sprites (saves me wasting palette colours when using 8x 3 colour sprites etc) so there is 100% of learning to do on my part.

I did watch some impressive demos for things like Amiga the Fox and also the Bitbeamcannon video which has some interesting aspects pointed out but I am at ground zero, never even used SEUCK etc in my life.

Page generated in 0.04640 seconds with 11 queries