View Single Post
Old 19 April 2017, 22:00   #79
cyberhead97

A lot has happened since my last update…

I updated github markdown readme for almost all packages including screenshots. Then I wanted readme can be viewed within Workbench and to accomplish this I have created a powershell script that converts readme markdown into Amiga guide file. It even takes screenshots and converts them into iff and handles links in Amiga guide to view screenshots using multiview. These readme guide are also installed into SYS:Locale/Help and can be viewed anytime for help about of the packages installed.

The only package missing readme details is HstWB Package, which is my own Workbench enhancement with build-in Blizzard, Furia and ACA accelerator configuration support.

ClassicWB ADV, ADVSP, FULL, LITE, P96 have all been converted to packages. I do also plan to convert ClassicWB 68K, but this has low priority.

The build package installation mode has also been documented and added to HstWB Installer readme with tutorials about how to build a package installation and how to run it in either an emulator or on real hardware.

After a lot of testing and tweaking, the package installation in a quite stable state now and I have uploaded a HstWB Package Installation Preview.zip to my dropbox with all 4 EAB WHDLoad Games/Demos AGA/OCS Menu packages, so anyone can try it out on their AGA or OCS/ECS Amiga hardware. I have put a lot effort into making this work on any Workbench (3.5 and 3.9 is untested), which makes it possible to easily install it into your favourite Workbench setup. Please try viewing the readme from the package installation and use the edit assigns to change destination where packages will be installed. Note that the packages does not delete anything, but will change Startup-Sequence and Assign-Startup or User-Assign depending on Workbench. I would recommend making a backup before trying the package installation or use a fresh installation of ClassicWB of a plain Workbench 3.1.

When ready, use "Tutorial 5: Running package installation in an emulator or on real Amiga" at HstWB Installer as a guide to try out HstWB Package Installation Preview.

The really nice thing with the package installation, is that I can easily make a new one when I would have updated any packages and share it with the Amiga community. It will also be possible to build your own package installations with the packages of any preference.

I’m now very close to making a new updated release of HstWB Installer with all these updates, so please give the package installation a try and let me know what think of it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_4.png
Views:	622
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	52844   Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_5.png
Views:	689
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	52845   Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_6.png
Views:	590