View Single Post
Old 13 October 2014, 05:04   #1
Cooljerk

Gotek floppy emulator not working

I'm stumped as to the problem. I have two different gotek floppies and I'm trying to run them on two different amigas in two different setups, and I'm getting the same results.

The first is installed into an A1200 with an scan doubler/flicker fixer installed to output to a VGA monitor. The selector menu boots up fine, but when I select an adf to load, the screen scrambles and turns into what looks like rolling static lines, almost like it's at a resolution or something that isn't compatible. The machine doesn't respond until I turn it on and off.

Second gotek, completely different one, is connected to an Amiga CD32 with an SX-1 attachment via a floppy-drive->IDE ribbon. The CD32 itself is connected via SVideo to an Atlona CDM 660 PAL->NTSC converter which is then connected to my NTSC TV. This CD32 has never given me problems with any PAL software on this TV before (it's a PAL CD32). Again, the Gotek menu boots up fine, but when I select an adf, I get rolling static.

I've tried a variety of ADFs and USB drives and nothing works. Is this a problem with the images I'm using? Maybe some sort of problem with cracks on these images? The second Gotek drive I got came with a USB key that contained lots of ADFs, and none of those load either.

I have a CF-Kit installed in each machine, but I'm interested in archiving my remaining, working Amiga floppy disks onto USB drives so that I'll retain the original function of my Amigas. I have an SD2EIC for a Commodore 64 as well and that emulator has problems with certain cracked loaders, is that what's going on with this drive? Anybody know what could be causing this?

Page generated in 0.06907 seconds with 11 queries