View Single Post
Old 09 November 2020, 11:25   #334
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
just a short comment...

to have a bigger market a whdload version is needed (Vampire V4 has no disc drive) and perhaps a test version with one level
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMor View Post
Well, there are at least 5000 Vampires around, a number not to be underestimated if you think about the niche market it is aimed at. For example I will test WIZ, as well as any other new game that comes out, on 1200 + V1200.:essere d'accordo
Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
Ah yes! I have an A1200 with Vampire and it works. No probs here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
Regards the other thing going on here... When I created the game I firmly had stock Amiga 1200 in mind. That is because there was at least 23years gap between releases and I missed a lot in-between LOL. I have learned a lot more even in the last few weeks TBH and if there are any further releases I will try to up my game further in an attempt to please even more Amigan's of all shapes and sizes etc. but there are some limits to what I can actually do of course. My methods are somewhat out of touch and old skool in reality.
Adrian, I think you've done a commendable job on trying to cater for the different flavours of Amiga use (legacy hardware + emulation)!

Just to clarify for you (plus the first two posters and without wanting to cause a fuss again, for that matter)....unlike previous iterations of the Vampire, the Vampire 4 is a standalone system that does not connect to legacy hardware such as the A500 or A1200 that possess floppy drives and other standard peripherals (much like Amiga FPGA solutions such as the MiSTer or, less similarly, next-gen AmigaOS4/MorphOS systems like the SAM 460). Consequently, they make up a small fraction of all Vampire users and a much, much smaller fraction of the worldwide Amiga market which you're aiming Wiz AGA at. As it stands, running AGA games on the Vampire 4 that came before Wiz AGA can and has been problematic due to the absence of a physical AGA chipset.

I think it's more than reasonable for you to suggest that any Amiga users (including Vampire 4, AmigaOS4/MorphOS, MiSTer, 040 users etc.) who are having problems running Wiz AGA currently wait for a WHDLoad version to be released. At the end of the day, you only have access to so many flavours of Amiga between yourself, your friends/family/beta testers and net contacts. If a few Amiga netizens can't accept that, then so be it.

You've shown yourself to be more than accommodating by adding last minute support and features requested by potential customers - so much so that you & your wife had to hurriedly re-copy ~100 disks for the first batch of games that have just been sold out! There will always be people asking you to do better in the kooky Amiga world that we reside in!

However, as the old adage goes....you can't please all of the people, all of the time! My experience has been....you shouldn't have to (or want to) if you've done your very best to offer them a product or service that largely does the job for the people that it was intended for. My sincerest congratulations goes to you, your wife & support team on the very successful relaunch of Mutation Software in the Amiga market. You not only re-issued your back-catalogue games to a market that could not afford or abide the outrageous prices being demanded by Ebay profiteers, but you went the whole nine yards for the Amiga community and produced a first-class AGA game for the masses in 2020. Very well done, sir!

Page generated in 0.04801 seconds with 11 queries