View Single Post
Old 11 July 2022, 16:42   #18
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Hm dunno, it is a glorified Raspberry Pi running Amiberry in the end And it is not flawless, the list of games I can't properly play on it keeps growing for varying reasons, framerate problems being the most notable.
Agreed. I'm not a fan in the least so won't be fighting its corner, just a talking point really. I can't imagine it would become a beacon of rosy memories for any generation in particular. It may be fresh and new to a 12-year-old now, but the games remain a relic of the past which they'd have to be blind not to notice. Possibly for the rose-tinted effect to kick in later there needs to be a wow factor at the time you first experience them. You'd need to be a wide-eyed Amish escapee to tick that box today.

It's not even as if the A500 Mini offers something unique to people experiencing the Amiga back catalogue for the first time. No doubt on-trend gamers will have seen retro-styled games on the latest consoles or Steam. If that appeals they already have the means to enjoy them.

Page generated in 0.07322 seconds with 11 queries