View Single Post
Old 21 November 2019, 12:55   #1
Azvareth

Host side - splash Screen

Hi (newregistered)...

I am an old time Amiga 500 user, without "real" hardware as it is now... And I likely would not get any (seen the prices on A4k on e-bay?)

Anyway despite of that, I am in the progress of building a complete transparent Amiga PC system with Win7 that use WinUAE as Shell and autoboots in to my AmigaOS system.

However when using RTG, AmigaOS boot stays black for a period of time hence this completely unnecessary humble request. Amigaside bootlogos does not seem to solve this "problem" for me.

Is it possible that you (authors) "may" someday when you feel bored with to much other requests and stuff, implement a loading splash screen where the user could select what image to display and that could be turned off by calling winUAE.exe once more with a flag like -splashoff (using aminet winlaunch from wbstartup as a "rabbithole" method)or using the ESC key?

I might find a solution that could launch a separate splash viewer on the host side with the same functionality, but it would be a "nice to have" thing if it where built in and perhaps nice for "branding" as well I guess.

Anyways, thanks for a great piece of software

Page generated in 0.04450 seconds with 11 queries