View Single Post
Old 28 September 2021, 08:28   #3
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit (Lemon thread)
Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:50 pm
I hadn't planned on using the completion star for this round because we are not playing the full game. However, as there is interest in it we can definitely do something.

I appreciate your enthusiasm Stevengton, the main issue is that the completion star should be available to anyone playing only the part of the game needed to submit a score. Which is why I wasn't going to have it originally, because I agree that the tournament makes more sense. That is a proper completion. But if we look at the star as a recognition of being a top player in this competition then we can set it by a score for each course. To compensate for not being a true completion that should be a high goal.

I've taken a look at the previous PGA and European Tour round scores to see what's possible. I'm going with -8 (63) on both courses. That's nearly half the course as birdies or equivalent. Somewhere between trying to beat Switchblade II and Banshee.
Even if some games are easier than others, I think the completion star should be, in general, awarded to anyone fulfilling the round goal even if you don't get a good score.
Meaning that if a game has a end, you get it if you reach the end (you run a distance - no score involved).
If a game has no end you get it if you reach the 'x'th level (you run a distance determined by the round rule - not by score)
And if, like here, only some courses are played, you get it as long as you achieve the end of the courses (you run a distance - no score involved).

Last edited by malko; 28 September 2021 at 08:53. Reason: precision/wording

Page generated in 0.08933 seconds with 11 queries