View Single Post
Old 27 September 2021, 23:51   #6
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
Kickstart is 3.1.4.1, Workbench the same.

I should have responded to the filesystem questions but my garbage GBS video converter decided to die! I have to grab another monitor today and see what's up. Will update.

What filesystem would people recommend, PFS, FFS? What transfer settings would be right? The plan is for a default Workbench size, rest of the CF (3.8GB) as Work, then another 4GB CF on the secondary of the 4XEIDE99 for WHDLoad storage.

How would you do it differently if you had a single 40GB drive? Does Workbench 3.2 change anything?
3.1.4 Kickstart and you have the 3.1.4.1 update applied to workbench/AmigaOS

You shouldn’t really have any problems to be fair as you have a good scsi.device version and Fast Filesystem.

For me I’ve always used PFS/3 but a lot of people swear by FFS with 3.1.4 and 3.2.

Things to try I guess would be to check you have Max Transfer set correctly, which it should already be with 3.1.4.1. May up the buffers to around 100 to 200 if not already set. Also try “Disk Doctor” to check for errors.

Another thing that maybe something to look out for is viruses. Get hold of VirusZ from Aminet and do a virus scan. Been caught out of late by picking up the “HappyNewYear 96” virus causing me all sorts of havoc from frozen workbench boot ups to Meditation errors

Page generated in 0.04562 seconds with 11 queries