Thread: Tf1260
View Single Post
Old 04 November 2022, 16:17   #454
eXeler0

Tf1260

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
I was thinking of making a heat sink using some of the 40x40mm heat sinks I have. I already have one that I had began fashioning to fit under the keyboard, but it needs a lot more fashioning. Then I thought perhaps I could attach another heat sink to its side using that special thermal adhesives you get to stick heat sinks to ic chips in order to make it even larger.

Good idea/ bad idea?

Not sure how effective heat transfer you’d get to that second heatsink. Maybe a fan would do more good. It gets pretty crowded in there.
Im currently not running any of the TF1260 at more than 50MHz so I dont have any coolers. On the Apollo 1260, Im running a rev 6 at 66 MHz with only a smallish heatsink and its been running just fine for years…
On the BFG9060 there more room for higher heatsinks and fans so Im currently experimenting with various combos of heatsinks and fans, but I intend to push that rev 6 to 100MHz so it will definitely need cooling.
Anyone with an opinion about what thermal compund is best for a ceramic cpu like the 060. Im guessing all modern compounds are designed to connect the metal shield on a cpu to a metal heatsink.

Page generated in 0.08060 seconds with 11 queries