Thread: Tf1260
View Single Post
Old 28 October 2022, 12:18   #443
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Yep, my Solas board is doing the monitoring. I have a sensor on the heatsink and it can also read the core temperature using the Therm pins. It uses those readings to control the fan speed too, and displays the temperatures on an LCD.
It's those features that attract me to the Solas board (Fan control/temperature reading.). It's a great little upgrade.

Not sure I'm ready for it just yet though.

I lazily set a half hacked up heat sink on the CPU the other night for a test. Hacked up as in I had begun to slope the fins, but still nowhere near short enough at the front. Pointed the little blower at it. Run Amiga at 100mhz played Duke Nukem for an hour or so. Checked the temperature with one of those gun thermometers for a rough idea. Said it was mid 30's. Wouldn't say that was mega accurate since by the time I lifted the case off and keyboard I'm sure some temperature drop occurred, but it might give me an idea of the effectiveness of a fan blowing onto the heat sink. The CPLD closest to the floppy power header was about 40°c and the one closest the floppy disk slow was about 31°c.

What are dangerous CPU temps for a 060?

Page generated in 0.06593 seconds with 11 queries