View Single Post
Old 01 October 2019, 01:37   #93
kipper2k

Floppy disk

Hi,

the gotek is independent of the romulator. the buttons on any gotek can be controlled by any keyboard, be it my MX or an original keyboard (an original gotek will require some soldering) . it will work with an a500/600 or a1200. the MX keyboard has this function built in, the original keyboards need "a little bit of help". I am almost ready to release the boards, once i am done finalizing them i will release the boards. i redesigned my old gotek design with pin headers so it can be connected to the keyboards/adapters to enable the advanced gotek features (OSD, eject, up/down etc), no soldering needed. i notice that there is a new OSD update for the HXC core. the nice thing about the romulator and the OSD is you can easily see the listing while in the romulator menu.

AOTL have the romulators in stock and he just needs to add these to the inventory listing, supplies are limited. I am still trying to sort out a UK distributor for those that do not want to purchase from N. America.

depending on your a500 version your amiga can access 512 or 1MB ROMs the maximum an A500 can access is a 1MB ROM. the available ram on the romulator is 1MB. an a500+ can support 1MB ROM, the earlier a500s can support 1MB with a simple mod, this also applies to the A2000.

a 32bit version would have 2MB ram allowing a full 2MB ROM image

The cartridge mode for me is a great thing, it would be more practical on a 1MB/2MB ROM but even on a 1.3ks it could still have the means of setting up a rom image to allow "modules" to be attached to a basic rom to achieve cartridge mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddu.dk View Post
Is the Gotek and Romulator working like this independantly or are they connected somehow? Would it be possible in a future FW to setup "sets" ie a certain rom with a certain number of floppiy ADF files?

Also the possibility to add libraries and other code to current ROMs i.e. workbench.library, icon.library, etc to WB 3.1 and 3.1.4 is something worth having.

An additional idea could be to analyse which parts of the Kickstart a 1 floppy game or demo uses and then fuse the needed ROM parts with the floppy contents and thus effectively create an instant-on "cartridge"-mode.

I currently do not see the Romulator for sale on http://amigaonthelake.com - I guess it will be up soon. Will there be any European suppliers at some point?

Oh and I am interested in a A500 version. Would the 2 MB version work with a rev 6a A500?

Thank you so much for your hard work!

Best Regards,

Jan Rasmussen

Last edited by kipper2k; 01 October 2019 at 01:50.

Page generated in 0.04259 seconds with 11 queries