View Single Post
Old 09 October 2009, 20:35   #3
Port_H

Question Can't make my changes to work when I launch the game from WinUAE directly, without GB

I haven't thought that I would have to edit a script to customize keyboard layout in GameBase Amiga, unfortunately I know nothing about scripting, I don't have the know-how. Nevertheless, I believe that apart from making my changes permanent in GameBase Amiga (which you say involves scripting), it seems that I'm not able to make my changes in Host>Input tab of WinUAE to work out regardless of using or not GameBase Amiga.

In more detail:
I launched the game (with GameBase Amiga), pressed F12, went to Host>Input tab of WinUAE, selected Configuration #1 in the first dropdown list, and Keyboard* in the second dropdown list, changed the Input target for the keys arrow Up, arrow Down, arrow Left, arrow Right, Right CTRL to map those to customized keys of my preference (I selected keys from keypad: Numpad 4, Numpad 1, Numpad 5, Numpad 6, Numpad 0 respectively), pressed the Restart button on the bottom of WinUAE window, and finally pressed the Start button on the bottom of WinUAE window to relaunch game without GameBase.
The result is that the game doesn't respond to keyboard: for instance, neither it responds to Right CTRL nor it responds to Numpad 0 as the Fire key.
Note that in WinUAE, Host>Game Ports, the Keyboard Layout selected in Port 1 is Keyboard layout B (Cursor keys, Right CTRL and ALT = Fire).

Given all this, my conclusion is that I cannot define my own keyboard layout in Winuae, regardless of using or not GameBase Amiga to launch the game. This time, the game I tested was Fightin' Spirit (Floppy disks images), but I had already tested this with Shadow Fighter with the same disappointing result.

I must be missing something or doing something wrong. Anyone can help? I would love to be able to play any game using my own customized keyboard layout.

Last edited by Port_H; 11 October 2009 at 00:59.

Page generated in 0.04396 seconds with 11 queries