View Single Post
Old 06 December 2021, 16:41   #1553
brett71

Were there any changes made to the DBLNTSC and DBLPAL monitor device files between 3.1.4 and 3.2?

I have 3.1.4 installed on my two ReAmiga 1200's. I bought a few recent, new Viewsonic monitors that support 15kHz signals, but with these machines and AmigaOS 3.1.4, I found that the DBLNTSC High-Res No Flicker screenmodes worked great and gave a nice amount of screen real estate without flicker.

Fast forward to last night when I was working with my A4000TX that I got from Hese. I'd installed 3.2 ROMs in the board, and installed AmigaOS 3.2 on it. The machine was plugged into the very same Viewsonic monitors. Normal NTSC High-Res screenmode was good, but then I tried the DBLNTSC screenmode, the same as I did on my 1200's. The Viewsonic refused to play ball though and just showed an "Out of Range" error on the monitor. I tried all of the DBLNTSC modes and they all failed to work on the monitor. Got the same results with the DBLPAL modes.

I've bought a couple more of the Viewsonic monitors and might try setting up my 1200 and the A4000TX side by side and see if there are any obvious differences to check further. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any changes in the monitor configuration files?

Page generated in 0.04303 seconds with 11 queries