View Single Post
Old 14 August 2017, 10:00   #5
gulliver
BoingBagged

Well, I dont have a changelog of workbench.library since v40.5 (OS3.1).But from a user point of view there are several new tangible features:

-Icons displayed no longer show a grey frame around them. This difference is particularly observable when using wallpapers and workbench window patterns/pictures other than the default grey color.
-Workbench has a full Arexx port which allows you to modify it in a clean way, without having to deal with nasty patches. An example of this can be seen with the program THE, that allows you to add items and keyboard shortcuts to the workbench tools menu.
-Workbench menus have been overhauled. Now you even have a Find menu item which runs SYS:System/Find.
-Pressing the Help key opens up amigaguide.guide which is buried under the Locale drawer. You can replace this .guide with a custom built one.
-Execute workbench menu item, has a browse gadget. Easier for when you dont remember the executable´s filename.
-When you make a new drawer you can at the same time optionally create an icon for it.
-Copy, move and delete workbench operations now display a progressbar.
-Volume sizes are displayed in gigabytes, which is more comfortable when using today´s HDD dimensions.
-There is a comfortable preferences program that allows you to configure some workbench functions (Sys:Prefs/Workbench). You can alternatively use WBCtrl (Aminet has v1.5. I have seen v1.8 somewhere else, but I cant remember right now).
-The delete key erases currently selected files and drawers.

There are much more features than these, but this is all I can remember right now.

Anyway, if in doubt or if you want a complete and crystal clear picture of what workbench.library v45 brings to the table, I suggest you contact Olaf Barthel, as he is one of the authors of it (his nickname is "olsen" here).

Page generated in 0.06861 seconds with 11 queries