View Single Post
Old 19 January 2018, 21:12   #11
DamienD
Banned

All parts now uploading to my Mega.nz page

You need to PM me if you want a copy

*** rant on ***

...and for people wondering why I just don't upload everything to the EAB File Server.

Simple really, out of 2300 games there are 265 x .IPF files in my collection.

Reason being:

a) Cracks of these games were shite.
b) Cracks were missing important or hacked screens.
c) Cracks are spread over more disks than the original so "disk swapping hell" occurs; I totally understand the reasons why though.

From my perspective, I'm not about to replace these .IPFs with sub-standard .ADFs in my collection...

Anyway; to be totally blunt; I don't really care about the SPS / IPF team anymore... for 15+ years we've abided by your rules and for what???

When's the last time any SPS / IPF member actually visited EAB, let alone answered various questions from numerous people who've submitted dumps / heard nothing back / not received files???

Fact; every single .IPF in my collection is easily obtained from a 3 second Google search (and has been the case for over a decade now) so why should EAB not being able to upload these and be forced to respect your rules for nothing in return???

...not to mention, as the Amiga is getting close to 30 years old now; it's harder and harder for people to actually puchase these original disks. Plus, even if they can at extoronate prices, the chances are that they will be damaged / unreadable or probably modified.

So, well done SPS / IPF team for preserving all these for only your own gratitude / the lucky few / elite!!!

In years to come nobody will actually remember the Amiga or any of these games...

Good job; take these games you've presevered to your grave as opposed to sharing them with the community that matters

*** rant off ***

Last edited by DamienD; 19 January 2018 at 21:35.

Page generated in 0.04267 seconds with 11 queries