Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 19 September 2021, 12:57   #1316
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbottle View Post
Awesome earok, thanks for sorting that

Tested wonderboy on the latest build, fingers crossed, all working great here again. Just hope noone else experiences issues.

I checked slopes on all my platform blocks, even when not sloped, was no real need to I guess. However, there are a few slopes in game so had to be used!

Incidentally, if you have ever watched or played wonderboy in the arcade, the screen scrolls different to camera follow. It pushes the screen instead of 2 axis scroll, is this possible in the future of scorpion?

Ah, I did notice that - for performance reasons, it could be beneficial to use solid blocks rather than slopes for flat ground. Having said that, it can glitch a little bit at the edge between solid blocks and slopes, so if you have slopes at all it might be best to use slopes for everything, or at least every block that connects to a slope.

Not totally 100% sure what you mean by the camera push - you can currently change how the camera follows (eg with the Monkey Lad demo, it only scrolls downwards and then only scrolls rightwards in the sea, and on the next level it only scrolls rightwards). If you want Wonderboy to not be in the dead center and have an area he can walk around without causing a scroll, the camera box function will help with that. Otherwise you could script exactly how you want the camera to work in a custom codeblocks function that runs on timer expired.

Page generated in 0.04161 seconds with 11 queries