View Single Post
Old 26 December 2018, 09:04   #1
tlenl

WinUAE - Trainer Plugin

Hi

and Merry Christmas to all,

on these vacation days i've discovered the wonderful world of the SPS images

It's really a different experience to know i'm running the game "AS IT WAS" without any modification (thanks to all the guys who contributed and continue to contribute to the preservation project).

The first thing i did was to play "Gods" by Bitmap Brothers.

The second thing i did was to say "oh this is getting difficult and i would like to see the final of the game".

The third thing i said was "hey i don't have a trainer!"

The fourth thing i said was "ok we try to install action replay and see what we can do". This phase is currently ongoing (with no result for the moment )

The summary of all the above was "damn, i want the game intact and i can't have a trainer" so the result was:

"Hey wait a minute we are in a sandbox environment, and the WinUAE is the Uber-powerful sandboxer and can read and write anywhere in the game with relative easyness"

SO

why not add to winuae a section in which "Trainer Plugins" can be loaded?

Each plugin would have its own configuration menus in which we could activate or deactivate the options.

In this way we would have a totally non-intrusive method to play SPS images (which don't need to be unlocked) in a trained way, with the trainer running "outside" the game memory address-space.

I think this would be a cool way to Really complete a restoration process.

SPS Images + Unobstructive and un-modifying trainer.

Hope this will be considered

Last edited by tlenl; 26 December 2018 at 10:37.

Page generated in 0.05142 seconds with 11 queries