View Single Post
Old 14 November 2018, 19:51   #1988
andyhants

Creating bootable Boing demo disk

OK I know this is a really dumb one & I confess I'm ashamed about not knowing but I can't work it out so here goes...

I am trying to create an library of bootable ADFs of my favourite Old Skool Demos from the beginning of the Amiga (c. 1985) thru to present day - say my 10 faves per year. I want to have them as ADFs I can run from WinUAE & that said demo runs when I boot with the ADF in DF0:.

The problem is I can't work out how to get this working when trying with say Boing as the first example. So I download the Boing Demo from say Pouet & I get the files Boing & Boing.Samples. I then do a ' Create Standard Disk' under WinUAE as say 'Boing.adf' & save it in the appropriate Windows Folder, then boot WinUAE to WB 1.3, load Boing.adf in DF0:, then open a new CLI window and type install df0:.

I then copy over the Boing and Boing.Samples files to DF0: & then create an S drawer and in S create a Startup-Sequence file with 'Boing' as the only entry. So as far as I know that should be enough.

I then boot with my standard WB1.3 config in WinUAE with Boing.adf in DF0: it seems to go through a WB loading process but I end up with the attached screen & no Boing Demo. I've tried to add other commands after 'Boing' in the Startup-Sequence such as Endcli but it comes back with 'Unknown Command Endcli' suggesting to me that it has actually processed 'Boing' but done nothing with it? I've also rebooted WinUAE, load WB 1.3, loaded the Shell & done CD to DF0: & typed Boing & low & behold the demo runs.

As I said at the top I'm very conscious this is a dumb question but can someone please explain how I acheive what I'm looking for? I'm only using Boing as a single example - I want to do the same thing with other Demo executable files & create bootable ADF for each of them.

Many thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boing screencap.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	60821  

Page generated in 0.04545 seconds with 12 queries