View Single Post
Old 07 May 2018, 23:34   #47
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Just a question. WHAT is a "modern Amiga experience"?
My use of quotes is well intentional, because this seems to mean a different thing to anyone you ask. Glen explained what he meant, so that's clarified in the context of his thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
none of the things you wrote is new since. 98.-
[...]
but "modern amiga computing" will still be the same as we had in the end of the 90s..
maybe slightly faster. but software is still painfully outdated.
Yes, I agree with you 100%, and this is why I am not a fan of any of that nor a user or anything.

However, being objective, within the palette of apps and possibilities the whole Amiga world has, probably the "best' option to approximate more to what a "modern" computing experience is, is going with the PowerPC platforms, be it AmigaOS 4.x, MorphOS or something.

To me Vampire offers not much (at the moment) to approximate to that "modern" experience if that's what you want to do, but from what I read about what they want to do with the platform, I feel like they would like to bridge toward that area. But at the moment, it does not, and it's not entirely up to them. Not a fault of the hardware per se, but you can't create software out of thin air, and not even Amiga PPC has a decent enough web browser, so even less 68k. That's the main thing here: unless it's something made since Vampire exists and FOR Vampire (like Cannonball port), you';re still using shit old programs from the 90s. Nothing modern about that. It has nothing to do with the speed or how good the hardware is.

Page generated in 0.04344 seconds with 11 queries