View Single Post
Old 14 December 2013, 00:52   #6
dex
Eat Electric Death

Thank you! I am doing a lot of probably completely useless things like this for old games. Here for example http://www.elitepigs.de/telespielforschung/archives/85 I wrote a tutorial on how to replace the CGI graphics of the game "Gunship 2000" in the CD32 version and to edit in a different title screen without rendered helicopters in the background to provide a more consistant design The rest of the game almost exclusively consists of pixel art/vector graphics and I always found the computer generated images very "immersion breaking". An interesting side effect is that with this the new (also semi-rendered it seems) loading screen on the CD32 that appears and distracts all the time while switching between menus is completely gone and replaced by a true ingame "loading" message with real fading in/out (the CD32 loading picture was just "popping" in quite intrusively)

It's written as a tutorial on how (and probably even why) I do such things (in German at the moment) because I cannot just provide an edited cd image of the game

Again, I am a hopeless perfectionist in things like that and it's probably completely of no worth to anyone with a different taste, it is more of a scientific experiment to me anyway

Last edited by dex; 14 December 2013 at 00:59.

Page generated in 0.04144 seconds with 11 queries