View Single Post
Old 13 August 2020, 17:45   #9
roondar

First impressions: this is really nice

Now to beta testing feedback so far (only played a while, so I may come back with some more feedback later):
  • It seems a bit easier than the arcade is (on default settings). Could be on purpose, of course. At any rate, the monsters seem to move quite a bit slower and don't seem to get "angry" unless the hurry up sounds
  • On the other hand, there seem to be far fewer extend letters dropping
  • Occasionally, I can't seem to jump diagonally. Not sure how to reproduce it yet, it seems to have to do with the player being close to a wall.
  • Every now and then, an object (such as a bubble) can disappear from the screen when the player moves next to it. It reappears when the player is on a different Y position than the object.
  • Very occasionally, the game starts in two player mode rather than one when I press the fire button to start. This may be a limit in WinUAE, as I have the feeling this happens after I reactivate the WinUAE window.
  • I've died at least once when colliding with a bubble that itself was colliding with a ghost projectile.

One other things: it seems to run fine on both A500 (with extra memory) and A3000 (68030/8MB fast) emulated environments.

Overall, it's a very good port and looks & sounds great. Runs well too
The above is therefore purely meant to be helpful, not as criticism

Page generated in 0.12716 seconds with 11 queries