View Single Post
Old 09 April 2022, 16:00   #205
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promilus View Post
Both Doom and Quake seems fairly optimized and while Quake is still more of a slideshow than FPS it's what PC players experienced with their first pentiums or last 486s (and no 3d accel).
486 yes, because of no FPU, but even on early Pentiums you could hit 15-20fps. Not ideal, but okay for single player. Anyway, the crucial point in context of this thred is that this was happening in the late Nineties, and we're now in the year 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promilus View Post
Projects like OpenRA, Openlara, GemRB, Dune Legacy, Settlers BTTR, VCMI etc. etc. are potential games which might at some point appear on Amiga. Doesn't mean it all is fast or bugfree. But it IS where there could have been nothing.
Tbh, nothing could be perhaps better in at least some of these cases. For the life of me I will never understand the reasons to play gimped versions of these great games, only for the sake of doing it on Amiga (sort of). Frankly, I'd much rather see the most amateurish, bottom PD-level game instead, as long as it was an original creation.

Page generated in 0.07440 seconds with 11 queries