View Single Post
Old 10 April 2020, 18:08   #6
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneK View Post
It was pretty interesting to watch, but I really don't understand why you didn't just screenshot the VRAM/Tile memory from the MAME debugger and write a little python script or something to stitch all the frames together :P
Yeah, I could have done that as I'm pretty good with Python but it would have took me a bit longer I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
maybe the palette. I didn't watch all the video but I suppose that McGeezer takes advantage of an even background to snip the sprites and rework them (and also the fact that you can 360 with your car, there's no scrolling, ...). I did the same with Bagman remake since there was no background.

And using a python script to create exact crop of each image with the same coords over and over until it's perfect isn't a bad idea either.

This is possible only with games with a few frames. Try to do that on Street Fighter II with the background, scrolling, and all
I ripped the Rolling Thunder sprites using the same method because the MAME debugger enables you to switch off the background tile maps, makes things much easier to grab.

I'll see if I can get the entire sprite set and I'll post it here.... give me something to do I guess.

Page generated in 0.09270 seconds with 11 queries