View Single Post
Old 26 April 2016, 01:31   #18
Sim085

So I would say the following code is valid...

Code:
00056C    TST.B    (A1)+
00056E    BNE.B    START+$056C
My understanding of the above code is that at line 056C it checks if the byte at address location A1 is a zero and increments A1 by one. At line 056E, if previous line returned false (i.e. - not zero) then it loops.

I did use the Disassemble option but parts like this one were left without labels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Do there seem to be valid instructions there? If so then the BRA.B instruction may well actually be an instruction, as opposed to data being disassembled as code.

Now this one is more tricky for me as not really know if the results are what is to be expected. Given ...

Code:
    ORI.B    #????$6F,D0
    ORI.B    #????$6F,????
    dw    4
When I use LAmiga+A I do not get recognizable text. When I use LAmiga+W and I get the following:

Code:
    dw    0
    dw    $2264
    dw    8
    dw    $2064
    dw    4    ; the line at the end
Would it have an effect on the assembler if dw is used instead of dl or db? As this is not code I am not really interested in it at the moment however do not know if it would still stop me from re-assemble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
The "instructions" after the BRA.B in your example are not code, but some kind of data. Move to the first ORI.B and press lAmiga-A to convert to ASCII string. Does that make sense? If not try lAmiga-W to convert to words.

Page generated in 0.11203 seconds with 11 queries