Thread: PFS3 or FFS?
View Single Post
Old 18 January 2022, 18:50   #12
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
I have a friend who had all kind of issues with SFS - lost partitions, corruptions when copying data, etc...
It can happen but it is very rare, it could be that your friend had a defective HD, as I said I use SFS for more than twenty years on dozens of systems and never had a corruption.

---- Italiano ---

Può capitare ma è rarissimo, può essere che il tuo amico avesse un HD difettoso, come detto uso SFS da più di venti anni su decine di sistemi e mai avutto una corruzione.

Quote:
Every available SFS recovery tool didn't work. On top of that Mounter on OS3.2 didn't even mount the SFS partitions. No issues with PFS3 or FFS.
You don't need any mounting, HDs with the SFS Filesystem can be booted from any Amiga normally, if you want we discuss in Italian elsewhere and I'll explain why

---- Italiano -----

Non serve alcun montaggio, gli HD con il Filesystem SFS possono essere avviati da qualsuiasi Amiga normalmente, se vuoi ne discutiamo in Italiano altrove e ti spiego il perchè

Quote:
Both AROS and OS4 use modified and/or updated versions of SFS which aren't available on OS3.X.
SFS OS3 is supported by all Amiga systems, I use my SFS HardFiles on OS4, MOS and AROS.

---- Italiano ----

SFS OS3 è supportato da tutti i sistemi Amiga, uso i miei HardFile SFS su OS4, MOS e AROS.

Quote:
I use PFS3AIO and FFS (I started using it with 3.1.4+) and I have never faced the files not being saved issue. I always wait around 3-4 seconds from the last write as a good measure, but I do that on my other retro systems as well (like MS-DOS PCs), it's just a good practice to do to avoid issues.
Try to restart immediately after copying a file or save a config and you'll see that the restart is as if you have not done anything, of course if you wait about ten seconds does not happen!

---- Italiano ----

Prova a riavviare immediatamente dopo aver copiato un file o salvato un config e vedrai che al riavvio è come se non hai fatto nulla, certo se aspetti una decina di secondi non succede !!!

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 January 2022 at 22:04.

Page generated in 0.07156 seconds with 11 queries