View Single Post
Old 08 June 2021, 14:14   #4554
sparhawk

Playing Halo series for the first time. Never played it, when it was fresh, as I hadn't had an Xbox then, and I always thought it's not a good game. Last year I purchased the "Halo Masterchief Collection" on steam, and was quite surprised, because I though Halo to be a really good game. Played the first part, then started Halo CE and had enough of it. Didn't like the beginning of it, but now I was in the mood to continue, so I'm playing it now.
And I'm quite surprised again, because it turns out much better than I remembered it. I didn't like the start because I was running around in the labyrinth of the space ship where you are, but after that it gets much better IMO.
Still, from todays perspective Halo might be considered bad, because there are no constant reminders and hints and whatnot that point you in the right direction. I often run around in the level and try to figure out where to go next, but after learning to put more attention to the level details, I guess I figured out how to better progress.

The only thing that I don't like about it is that the levels are so huge, but often empty. I like to explore the levels to see if I can find stuff, but in 99% there is none. Doom was better in that regard, because you could find hidden parts of the levels.

Page generated in 0.04404 seconds with 11 queries