View Single Post
Old 12 May 2021, 12:10   #777
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
I remember that poster being very loud and not very knowledgable about the Amiga's possibilities from some other threads, so I guess it's no wonder he got shot down.

We are all just social animals in the end, and what you shout into the woods might come back for you later...

Plus, most coders are wary of non coders telling them what can be technically done and what cannot. Usually triggers an automatic reflex of shooting down these ideas. I know, I am not better than that. lol. But, in defense of us coders, usually we are right with these things, but exceptions occur off course.

Also, like stated above, Dread is kind of proof that his over the top ideas were not possible. I mean, it's kind of crazy this thing exists, and in no way I would have thought this could be achieved. Yet, this is still a bit away from what Miggy4eva thought would be possible.
I'm confused, surely you mean Dread IS proof what that guy was after can be done? As d4rk3lf suggests below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
The OP, even overenthusiastic, and with his poor hardware/software knowledge, was actually right!
KK proved it, and even much more beyond wolf3D engine.
(and let's not forget Britelite amazing demo of CyberWolf, that also runs very fast on A500)
But I get what you are saying BTW even though I think there was no harm to the guy dreaming big (and that's good people do otherwise there would be no developments) which is why personally I would just go (and I see it a lot) "hey guys why doesn't someone make this type of game with would amazing..............blah blah blah"

Anyways off topic again, but Dread is defo a boundary breaker and the work being done is fantastic. Very grateful people still bother with this platform in all the ways that they do.

Page generated in 0.05787 seconds with 11 queries