View Single Post
Old 21 January 2022, 15:28   #36
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
Hi AMIGASYSTEM, Great to see continued improvements.

I do have to laptops with AROSone installed.

On both systems, they start up on boot with a couple of OWB icons on the workbench screen that do nothing.
OWB at the first launch you have to wait until the fonts are installed, then OWB will open quickly.

OWB to surf the internet needs the Network setting, to get this you need to have a LAN Network Card and Or Card Wireless supported.

Quote:
A reboot clears out the additional one but the few that are there on start up persist.

Anyway to fix this?
This happens when you force delete a shortcut on the Workbench.

To delete "a normal" shortcut you have to do as on Amiga, that is from the "Icon/Put awy" menu, see screenshot.

To delete other persistent links like on Amiga, you have to delete them from a text file called .backdrop, open it with a text editor and delete the persistent links.

I attach video showing how OWB works and how to delete ordinary and persistent links:

http://eab.abime.net/zone/AROS-x86-OWB.zip

Quote:
1. One both systems, Octamed sound studio setup on WB3.1 as an '040 Amiga 2000 with a lot of ram, it runs better than any other x86 Amiga solution. There is no lag during any MED song playback lie I've seen in Amilator, X-Amiga, Amithlon and Icaros. This is great and brings me closer to my goal.

I know little about Janus-UAE but I am glad that it works well

Page generated in 0.05820 seconds with 12 queries