View Single Post
Old 07 June 2020, 16:42   #1
burnsflipper

Unreleased but mentioned in a mag - footprints in the snow

Here's a difficult one for you, it might require a link to a magazine page scan.

I used to read CU Amiga/Amiga Power/The One/Amiga Format 1993-1996. My instinct is telling me it's CU Amiga because that was the only mag I remember buying in 1993. The game was in a Work In Progress. It wasn't covered extensively, it was more mentioned in passing, and the bit that I remember was that the devs were really excited because the world would change as you went through it - specifically, you would leave footprints in the snow regardless of where your character moved. I think it may have been an RPG, but maybe quite a light one. I don't remember if there was a screenshot. I think it was in a mag when I was first new to the Amiga (Jan 1993), so I always thought the game was mentioned in a mag that year, but it may have been '94. I did also get other mags as a one-off, so it's possible it was in Amiga Action as I think I bought a couple of issues over its lifetime.

I don't remember if this was part of the game or if it's just my memory playing tricks, but I think the outside was more like an open world where you could go where you want and do what you want, and then you could go inside houses or buildings and inside it was 2d side-scrolling. But don't necessarily base your suggestion on this - the primary thing was the footprints left in the snow being a permanent part of the world.

I tried going back through my magazine collection a few years ago to find it, but never could. And I'm pretty sure the game was never released - I remember it being discussed whilst it was in development but I was not aware that it was ever completed.

Any help appreciated!

Page generated in 0.04147 seconds with 11 queries