View Single Post
Old 26 July 2008, 15:22   #17
ecc
emuControlCenter dev

Quote:
Just randomly popping here. Do you need any changes to WinUAE to make this work better?
Great that you are interesting in make WinUAE and emuControlCenter work better togehter. Thank you... really makes me a little bit proud!

I think, with the eccscript function we can create the needed configurations and inject them to WinUAE without any problem. Thats great and work!

Standard packing mechanism for games

Thats only a idea, and i know, not everybody like this! :-) From time to time, i want to write it down!

Sometimes i wish a standard packing mechanism for games that emulators can read :-) No more game1.rom, game2.rom things.

Something like a game.gap (game package) containing a fixed size manifest header with the system informations and the game files game1.rom and game2.rom packaged (maybe uncompressed).

This first bytes in the header are reserved for the platform identifier (eg amiga) so every emulator and tool can parse this part of the file and dispatch, if this is supported!

Because the header of these gap file can contain system informations, something like kickstart version and other needed settings can be already added to this as fixed value!

I this gap header the file order (disk 1, 2 aso) can be also specified. So the emulator can direct access the right disks if needed! Also the crc32 of the files should be stored here to find broken files.

These files should only contain the header and the needed game file(s).

Because the header is fixed size, a unique crc32 for this game can be created by skipping the header of the file!

This could help a lot to manage and emulate multifile games for systems like amiga, x68000, c64 because you only have 1 file per game also if it contains 8 floppy discs! Also a emulator can automaticly insert disk 8, if this is needed because these informations are stored in the header!

Ok, these are my dreams... maybe its an stupid idea, maybe not!

Andreas

Page generated in 0.04544 seconds with 11 queries