View Single Post
Old 15 August 2022, 22:43   #1
mcgeezer

Recognising a disk change in DOS?

Hi all,

I have a multi-disk game I'm developing and I'm trying to build a disk swap prompt, the way I've went about doing this is to revive the system when a disk change is needed and prompt the user that the file required is on another floppy disk, the user then needs to change the disk and press the fire button.

My routine for checking a specific disk is in the drive is to simply check the presence of a file using DOS->Open(), disk 1 contains a file like "diskid.1", disk 2 "diskid.2". If the file is missing then it re-prompts the user, if not it exits the routine and loads the files from the disk it needs.

I'm finding when the disk swap changes my program isn't regonising the change, it's almost like a refresh of the file structure needs to take place but as I put the next disk in I here it whirl and eventually stop so I know the system is doing "something" with it.

It feels like I'm missing a step here to get Open to recognise the new disk file table that's been inserted but I don't know what. Happy to post code if needed, but can anyone shed any light please?

Geezer

Page generated in 0.04702 seconds with 11 queries