View Single Post
Old 19 October 2019, 17:01   #15
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Findings on real CD32 with Amigajay's ISO burnt

- works on stock machine!
- doesn't work from CD with TF330, says "you are outta ram buddy...", CF card pulled to maximize mem
- BUT: works from HDD with 2-color workbench (1,985,408 chip + plenty of fast ram)
- and if you have ~1,900,000 chip only then it also says "you are outta ram buddy...", as expected

How come it doesn't work with CD + fast RAM?

On a sidenote, oddly, I've experienced more glitches than usual. Sometimes I couldn't pickup the item that kills all baddies on screen, there were missing parts of graphics e.g. half dragon, half rock. It also slows down e.g. round 6 where lots of baddies are running around and also at the rope climbing part. Maybe due to 020 vs 030 on the TF330?

this is the out of mem screen (in winuae, but obviously the same thing happens on real hw as well):
Is it possible to emulate one of the TF330 cards at all in WinUAE?
I'd be interested to know what the 'avail' utility shows with one of those TF330 cards installed. As far as I know, the Amiga OS should prioritise loading into FastRAM over chip ram if it available so if the TF330 has Fastram then it should use it, the game needs about 1.65mb of chip ram to run if the game is loaded into fast ram.

Nice that you got it working on a stock CD32, I'll look into the graphics glitches but the slow downs you mention are about right on a stock A1200, Having fast ram installed drastically increases speed.

Page generated in 0.07811 seconds with 11 queries