View Single Post
Old 01 July 2022, 17:59   #40
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
yeah, that is true, but i remember having to do that for all 5V CPU's, from a Motorola 040, to an Intel DX2, or a Pentium60, I have used 040's on and off, along with 060's, and apart from the performance, and the extra heat from using a 5V chip, or a 3.3v chip, i haven't had any issues with them at all. The 040 gets a really bad lick, it's almost became one of the urban computing myths, like, "AMD make really bad drivers", and you obviously know, as well as anyone here, if the software for the CPU is setup right, then there is no reason whey it shouldn't be as stable as an 020 or 030, a good deal hotter certainly, but no less useable, and don't get me started on "040's and 060's have lower compatability than an 020 or 030". The amount of things i can't get to run on an 040 or 060 i can count on one hand.

Happy days
Totally get where you are coming from Bromigo! I’m currently using 060/PPC with mediator setups with a 040/BPPC in a checkmate setup and a G-REX (Need to investigate due to network lock ups).

At the moment just busy sorting out my A4K with Cyberstorm 060/PPC and discovered 040 Libs in 3.1 causes Guru error.

I’ve got a spare Apollo/Paragon 1240 in a box and re-Amiga board so will attempt to play around with it.

Too much Amiga issues to resolve at the moment, so, when I get some time free and not travelling for my Next Client

Page generated in 0.04730 seconds with 11 queries