View Single Post
Old 18 October 2021, 19:06   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Do you mean it does not happen with 4.4? If it does not, it most likely is some kind of a bug (but I can't duplicate it).

Please attach the zip file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble42 View Post
Sorry Toni, this is the first major update i have done for years, i felt that given all the reworking you where doing it might be a good idea to wait. The choice to update was because of the floppy bridge support.

I have no idea if this is a 4.5+ beta bug or a change in behaviour that has been implemented.

I shall try and explain.

I launched Winuae (Latest version) selected A500 quickstart, tried to insert a compressed adf(zip) and recieved a popup telling me "boot block was invalid", this went on for 15 or so minutes (i haven't clicked the start button yet), i know these zip files are valid as i have used them for many years. I finally got frustrated and clicked start anyway, Winuae decompressed the zip and all was as normal.

It just caused a major panic as i thought my entire collection had got corrupted somehow.

My question is, Is this the new default behavior or is winuae mistakenly telling me the zip file has an invalid boot block (which it will) instead of the contents of the zip file (which it probably won't).

I hope this makes more sense

Page generated in 0.61409 seconds with 11 queries