View Single Post
Old 26 April 2016, 22:34   #6
hooverphonique
ex. demoscener "Bigmama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
Edit: Studio cannot find the board. Same issue as Windows system. (I have installed libusb).
libusb/avrdude and avrstudio AVRISPmk2 driver can cause issues when installed simultaneously. Pick one route at a time and see if you can make it work..

I made the instructions below some years ago about how to use AVRISPmk2 with libusb/avrdude.. They are for windows, but maybe you can make them work for mac as well!? You probably don't need step 9. Hope you succeed :-)

Using AVR-ISP mkII USB programmer with AVRDUDE on Windows 2K/XP
Note: AVRDUDE V5.3.1 required, no AVR Studio required!

1. Get libusb-win32 from http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net (libusb-win32-device-bin-x.x.x.x.tar.gz )
2. Extract it into a temporary location
3. Plug in an AVR-ISP USB programmer and cancel the windows driver installation request
4. Run “inf-wizard.exe” from the temporary “libusb\bin” folder
5. Using the wizard, create an .inf-file for one or more device(s) (save in the temporary libusb\bin folder)
6. Unplug the AVR-ISP and remove any incorrectly (i.e. non-fucntional) installed AVR-ISP USB devices using Device Manager
7. Plug in an AVR-ISP and pick the generated .inf-file when the driver installation request pops up
8. After installation, confirm that everything went ok by running “testlibusb-win.exe” from the temporary “libusb\bin” folder (you should see a dump of the device description)
9. Assuming step 8 was successful, look in your “winavr\bin” folder and delete “libusb0.dll”, if present (this is a dll distributed with winavr, but not the one we want)
10. Try “avrdude -p m8 -c avrispv2 -P usb”* and see if it works (the programmer will flash the green USB LED if there is communication)

*: When connecting several USB programmers at once, the serial number is needed to pick one out.. use “-P usb:024347” to do this, where “024347” is the last non-zero bytes of the programmer serial number (you can use testlibusb-win or avrdude with just one programmer connected to find this out).

Page generated in 0.13981 seconds with 11 queries