View Single Post
Old 22 March 2017, 16:52   #36
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchmaster View Post
Thanks for the explanations of Slice and Display, very valuable information!

Another question, is it somehow possible to hide the Workbench / AmigaDOS screen entirely when starting a game made in BB2? I created a bootable CD with SetPatch quiet in startup-sequence and this hides the AmigaDOS screen but when the BB2 executable runs the WB screen is visible for a brief moment even if the executable goes to Blitz mode directly and creates a slice.
Well, there are commands to move WB screens to front/back. But I don't think that's going to help you. There is a command which can move a screen. I used this in a demo once to create the effect of the workbench screen sliding down to reveal a black screen, but you could set the value much higher and it would scroll all the way down so that it's not visible instantly. But even this I don't think will solve your problem.

Have you tried adding the text ">NIL:" after the name of your blitz program in the startup-sequence? This should direct the program not to output to the current shell (or anything) and should prevent the Workbench screen from opening

Alternatively if that does not work another way you could ensure the screen stays blank is to is use the Workbench 1.3 preferences program to set all the colours to black.

It's not elegant but it works, I've seen a few disks use this method.

Page generated in 0.05226 seconds with 11 queries