View Single Post
Old 03 January 2022, 14:39   #245
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
All right, I missed Dizzy entry modification, sorry about that. I check it on a regular basis but sometimes just to check a particular entry, I seldom check it from top to bottom regularly. Thanks for completing it with car's horn in Skidmarks. You may add to that transformation into a more powerful ship in Powder and spin around in Whizz .

I also mentioned earlier on a game that should be included in that list on PPA according to manual : Hired Guns. And Madden is still mentioned, why ? IMHO, the latter doesn't support 2nd fire button (not a matter of right or wrong controller), I'll argue it just isn't implemented in this game at all (although I must admit I didn't learn how to play the game). Same with Deluxe Galaga. Maybe I am wrong, but I fail to see why a second button would serve any purpose for such a rudimentary shmup (even with those nifty enhancements that made said coverware a huge hit).

One thing I am sure of, you don't own the Gravis joypad (I guess it has become very rare item), that implies you don't have the right controller for at least one (1) game, and that game is Lollypop !

What I said about World Championship cannot be checked with a pad in hands. I was wondering if the 2nd fire button is implemented at all. Why ? Because releasing the 1st fire button acts as if you were pulling the brakes. Code must be examined to answer that one (provided it's something you're curious about, if for you the "feeling" of using the brakes is enough, fine by me!), so yeah I think the devs didn't bother with 2nd fire button implementation despite featuring it in the menu, but cannot ascertain it myself.

As per XP8 -ECS version- (again, in original), I don't think you can toggle weapons with second button press (maybe it is different with a CD32 pad, I cannot tell... yet, maybe I will order one despite the high price). Please try with a couple of you own pads. That aspect of the game was fixed in WHDLoad. Most likely, the developers didn't complete their task (even if you hit space bar, there is a sound, but no toggling of weapons occurs).

In an ideal situation, options must be set in a certain way. That way, your ship gets equipped with the weapons from latest power up automagically. So I'll give a small tip to peeps, if that's Ok with you : Set Game Difficulty to Easy (it will only affect the number of hits enemy ships can take), Auto Weapon Select to On, and Power Up change to Shoot, then the game becomes playable and (almost) enjoyable, and furthermore you don't have to worry about the omissions of developers, as per weapons toggling implementation.
Really? Instruction is for PC, because Gravis Gamepad is for PC. Amiga specific stuff is in reference card here.
http://hol.abime.net/hol_pic.php?id=...5ZV2RwWTJzPQ==

And again, everything is working ok with my all, even weirdest one, controllers. If something is not working with WHDLoad versions I'm doing bugreport, which can be confirmed by any of WHDLoad Team (i suppose).

One request at the end: please check everything more precisely.

Edit: I'm searching in Hired Guns instruction on HoL for multi button control options and cannot found it. I'm curious what additional buttons change in game control. Could You tell me where is this additional buttons control described?

Page generated in 0.04964 seconds with 11 queries