View Single Post
Old 01 December 2021, 10:27   #213
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
All right, it's not your thread. Having said that, that list from the Polish forum is the de facto list for games that support 2-button in some way or another for those among us who have an interest in this.
So why You didn't new thread with games working/not working/etc on Your config? I cannot check if it's not working because for me it works ok and except You nobody said that it's not. You cannot prove (until You check it right) that adapter which You have is 100% working well, did You? I was saying already that 2nd and 3rd buttons are measured as analogue input so values could be wrong for some games to recognise button press. But it's my hypothesis why in some games button could be not working ok.

Quote:
I did put "your thread" between quotation marks, didn't I ?
And I get it in other, ironically accursing, meaning. But that's the power of misunderstanding. So we are even now.

Quote:
It is quite clear that SunChild implicitly or explicitly passed on the baton, so editing the list is a matter entirely between your hands these days.
Not so clear at all. I was talking with SunChild some time ago and he said that he'll update list when he would have some free time.

Quote:
It's missing ross version of Ziriax btw, aka Ziriax Ultimate Edition btw (think Ziriax SE, so to speak).
I'll add this with next update, thanks.

Quote:
My setup is fine (the Paula is safe, you can check the schematics if you're curious about how it is accomplished), really it is, it just won't allow second button presses with some of the games you listed
I was correcting that already it's for direct connection of joypad without modification or adapter. You have adapter so it's not Your case. I was explaining why it's risky in case if someone else would thinking about direct connection of unmodified joypad.

Quote:
(invariably, it's not due to some kind of shortcut, or a failing controller).
Never said that. I'm saying that adapter could give wrong values. Bear in mind that SEGA controller is fully digital, Amiga inputs for 2nd/3rd button are not.

Quote:
Needless to say, it's quite clear to me R-Type and other games from your list won't work with my setup unless I try some other combination of adapter / controller.
Bingo! Now You and Me are singing in same pace.
I'll just add "...or check it with proper program"

Quote:
I was talking about potential fixes in software not at the electrical level, having the few games that won't work with the adapter patched following the methodology of earok, when the latter tackled Flying Shark. Of course, I realize patching ADF's for this reason alone might not be the most enticing thing to do, especially considering WHDLoad covers second button needs, mostly.
As JOTD said it's possible, but probably much easier with WHDLoad patch.

Quote:
Despite lack of power from Paula, I can actually use second button with a handful of games e.q. Snow bros, Flashback. If you're still unsure, I can make a quick video of the adapter + joypad in action.
No, You're understand it wrong. This adapter takes power from correct pin, that could be done also swapping 5 and 7 pin wires. But adapter may give wrong value to Amiga analogue input, so this may be source of Your problems.

Page generated in 0.16769 seconds with 11 queries